What can I do if I rent and the property is being foreclosed?

Homes low as $10k from RealtyStore.com

If you rent and the property is being closed, and your landlord wants to legally evict you from this house, what he must do at the very first place is to file a suit. If your landlord files a suit against you in the court, then you shall get in turn, from the court, some legal documents. This is called the petitions and summons which would ask you to appear before the court. This document would also tell you what your landlord is demanding and where to appear before the court.

It wouldn’t be wise to ignore the lawsuit because if you do so, then you may face problems later. This is because of the fact that if you do not appear before the court in time, then a default judgment will be entered against you. But in the other way round, if you have any thing against your landlord, then in that case you have to file a suit against him.

A landlord is forbidden from unlawfully throw you out without a court order, i.e., by locking you out, eliminating doors to your residence, closing off your utilities, or dispatching you of your property. The local police would be of immense help to you in these cases.

No Comments

Leave a reply